Try this baked feta pasta for an easy weeknight meal filled with veggies, spice and creamy feta cheese. Serve it with your favorite protein for a well-rounded dinner!
Baked Feta Pasta with Harissa
The baked feta pasta trend that swarmed the internet a couple of years ago is one that’s never left my dinner rotation- and for good reason. It’s easy to make, fully customizable, and packs in so much flavor. It’s a simple yet nourishing recipe made by roasting chopped veggies and feta cheese to create a delicious pasta sauce.
Chopped peppers, onion and garlic are roasted with a block of feta, harissa and spices until soft, then mixed together with spinach and cooked pasta. It’s a low effort dinner that can be flavored in so many ways!
Originally, this recipe was made using cherry tomatoes and feta cheese, but I personally love the variation with peppers and onion. They add delicious texture to this dish, with some added heat from the harissa.
What you’ll need to make baked feta pasta
I use minimal ingredients for this recipe that can easily be altered to your liking. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cooked pasta- I used Ditali pasta but any variety would work
- Feta cheese– or substitute goat cheese
- Veggies– I used red pepper, red onion and spinach. You can also throw in some cherry tomatoes
- Harissa– or tomato paste for a less spicy version
- Spices– salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and Italian seasoning
- Olive oil
- Start by preparing your pasta as instructed on the package. Reserve some of the pasta water, drain and set aside.
- Add the chopped peppers, onion and garlic to a baking dish and toss them with olive oil, harissa and your spices. Place the block of fete cheese in the center of the dish and drizzle with olive oil and the Italian seasoning
- Bake on 400 F for about 35 minutes, until the veggies and feta cheese have softened
- Remove the dish from the oven and mash the feta cheese into the veggies creating a sauce. Add in the pasta water, spinach and cooked pasta and toss everything to combine
This recipe is a go-to when I need to clear out the fridge of any wilted veggies.
This recipe is so simple and delicious, you guys are going to love it! You can tag me on Instagram if you try it 🙂