Crispy smashed brussels sprouts are a fun way to serve up your veggies this week. Pair them with your favorite dipping sauce for an easy new side dish!
Smashed Brussels Sprouts
We’ve all tried smashed potatoes but have you ever made smashed brussels sprouts? The Brussels sprouts are boiled, smashed and roasted in some olive oil, salt pepper and garlic powder.
They come out so delicious and crispy, and pair well with any dipping sauce you like! I love to top them with hot honey for some added spice and sweetness.
I love these crispy brussels sprouts with a side of my walnut & pecan crusted salmon or harissa lentil burgers. They’re perfect for your next holiday get together, or as a simple side dish for your weeknight dinner.
How to make smashed brussels sprouts
This recipe can be made in so many ways and seasoned with your favorite toppings.
- Trim the ends off the brussels sprouts and add them to a pot of boiling water for 20 minutes until fork tender. Transfer them to an ice bath to cool
- Pat them dry onto a greased sheet pan, then smash them using a thick glass jar or flat bottom cup
- Spray generously with olive oil spray and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Roast on 425 F for 30-35 minutes, flipping halfway through. Alternatively, you can air fry them on 375 F for about 18-20 minutes
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce or a drizzle of hot honey
Tips to making the best brussels sprouts:
- use an extra virgin olive oil for the best quality and taste
- make sure to trim off any black parts of the brussels sprouts
- spread them apart on the sheet pan and don’t overcrowd! this is key to getting them crispy. I also like to preheat the sheet pan while the oven preheats
This recipe comes together so quickly, and is made with only a handful of ingredients. You guys are going to love it!