This rainbow kale salad with roasted beets and carrots is a delicious and nourishing salad! It’s the perfect hearty dish that’s bursting with flavor in every bite.
Roasted Beet Kale Salad
This beautiful, color-packed kale salad is the perfect nourishing meal. Its filled with feel-good ingredients like tuscan kale, roasted beets and carrots, avocado, and nuts & seeds.
Everything is tossed in a simple balsamic dressing, and can be enjoyed as a side dish or light lunch.
Aside from being packed with nutrients, I love the finely chopped texture of this kale salad. It not only makes it easier to eat, but helps the veggies absorb all of that delicious dressing.
Pro tip: serve the leftovers with a side of multi-grain tortilla chips for the perfect added crunch.
What you’ll need to make this vibrant kale salad
- Kale– I love choosing tuscan kale for my salad base, but you can use any variety of kale or other greens
- Beets, carrots and sweet potato– the veggies get roasted in a few simple spices and olive oil, and add a delicious sweetness to the salad
- Avocado– when choosing avocado for a salad, make sure its semi-firm so that it keeps its shape
- Feta cheese– you can swap any cheese of your choice, or leave it out to make this vegan. I personally love the saltiness it adds
- Chopped almonds and pumpkin seeds– I always need an added crunch in my salad, and love using smoked almonds for this recipe
- Homemade balsamic vinaigrette
When preparing a kale salad, I always massage half of the dressing into the kale to make it easier to digest and chew. The dressing helps break down the fibers in the kale, and also allow the salad to absorb more of the flavor.
This kale salad is simple to make and has the best combination of flavors. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!