Spiced harissa chickpeas are flavorful and so easy to make. They taste delicious in a sandwich or a wrap for a quick weekday lunch.
Harissa Chickpea Wraps
Wraps are one of my go-to quick and easy lunches to meal prep for the week, so I love creating delicious fillings to fill them with.
These chickpea wraps are made with a 10-minute harissa chickpea filling, fresh greens, fete cheese, and avocado. They come together so easily, and are the perfect plant-forward lunch to fuel your day.
The harissa chickpeas are made with sauteed onions and peppers, chickpeas, harissa, and a few simple seasonings. They are so good on their own, and can even be used as a salad topper.
I filled my wraps with a the harissa chickpeas, arugula, avocado, and feta cheese. You can make them gluten-free by substituting your favorite gluten-free wrap, or keep it vegan by using a plant-based feta.
What you’ll need to make Harissa Chickpea Wraps
- canned chickpeas
- your favorite wraps or tortillas
- harissa- harissa is a hot chili pepper paste that can be used as a marinade for many dishes, like fish, tofu or even vegetables
- peppers and onion
- spices: paprika, smoked paprika, cumin & salt
- fresh greens- I used arugula, but kale or lettuce will work
- feta cheese and avocado- for added flavor and a boost of fat
- Start by sauteeing the the peppers and onion in olive oil until soft
- Next, add in the rinsed chickpeas with the spices, parsley and harissa. Cook everything together for a couple of minutes to let the flavors absorb
- Lastly, assemble your wraps with all your fixings!
This recipe comes together so easily, and is so convenient to have around for a 5 minute lunch. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!