This easy to make spiced orzo and chickpeas is the perfect flavorful side dish. Pair it with your favorite protein and veggie for a well-rounded meal.
Spiced Orzo and Chickpeas
If you’re in need of a simple yet flavorful side dish, this spiced orzo and chickpeas is a must make. It’s seasoned with cumin, turmeric, salt & pepper and comes together so quickly.
I love serving it with bake salmon and a side salad for a balanced weeknight dinner. Plus its made with less than 10 ingredients, and is the perfect budget friendly meal!
I’m always looking for easy-to-make side dishes during the week, so I threw together some of my pantry staples to create this dish.
You can serve it cold, warmed or at room temperature. It’s delicious with some crumbled feta cheese, and can be made for a family dinner or dinner party.
What you’ll need to make spiced orzo and chickpeas
This recipe comes together with just a few simple ingredients:
- Canned chickpeas
- Olive oil
- Fresh Parsley
- Spices: cumin, turmeric, salt & pepper
You can customize this dish by adding in your favorite sauteed veggies, like zucchini, mushrooms, or eggplant.
- Start by preparing the orzo by cooking it in boiling water for 8-12 minutes
- While that cooks, saute the shallot in the olive oil for 3-4 minutes until it browns
- Next, mix in the chickpeas and spices and toss to combine
- Lastly, add in the cooked orzo and fresh parsley and mix everything together over a low flame
I like to top mine off with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice before serving!
This cost-friendly recipe is the perfect flavorful side dish to make. You guys are going to love it!