These gluten-free Carrot Cake Muffins are the perfect little treat to keep around! They’re light & fluffy, and topped with a delicious dairy-free cream cheese icing. Bonus points that they’re made with veggies, right?
The muffins are so easy to make, and pack in so much flavor. You guys are going to love them!
Ever since sharing my spelt flour carrot cake, I became obsessed with all things carrot. I knew I had to create another dessert recipe that was carrot based, but wanted to make it gluten-free since I always get asked for substitutions.
These muffins came out absolutely perfect, and are a delicious meal prep food to keep around during the week. I love them with my morning coffee, or as an afternoon snack when I need something sweet to power me through my day.
What you’ll need to make gluten-free carrot cake muffins
- grated carrots
- coconut sugar– I love to bake with coconut sugar for its rich, caramel-like taste. Light brown sugar would be a good substitute!
- pure maple syrup– I added a touch of maple syrup for a little extra sweetness, but it can be left out if you wanted to cut back on the sugar
- olive oil- olive oil is one of my favorite oils to bake muffins with! You can substitute any other liquid oil if needed
- applesauce– the applesauce adds a touch of sweetness, and really helps give these muffins their moist texture
- vanilla extract
- almond flour- fine almond flour is best for this recipe
- oat flour– pre-made oat flour is ideal, but you can blend your own from rolled oats if needed!
- baking powder
- baking soda
You combine all of the ingredients together in a bowl, and bake them in muffin tins until they’re firm to touch!
The simple cream cheese icing on top is made from only 3 ingredients. It’s completely optional, but I love the flavor it adds. I used a dairy-free cream cheese, but you can use your favorite kind!
These muffins are packed with healthy fats and whole-grains, making them a great healthier option for when you’re craving something sweet.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe! Be sure to leave a rating and review if you do 🙂