Freezer friendly egg & cheese breakfast sandwiches are a simple and delicious meal prep for busy mornings! They can be frozen or refrigerated, and then toasted until warm & crispy.
Broccoli Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
These breakfast sandwiches are so convenient to have around when you don’t have time to prepare daily meals. They’re a delicious way to pack in some protein and fiber off the morning, and are an easy grab & go option if you’re on the run.
I decided to add some broccoli and onion to these vegetarian breakfast sandwiches to add a little veggie boost off the morning.
The combination of broccoli and cheddar is one of my favorites, and adds a more satiating factor to these sandwiches.
How to prepare Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- First, prepare the omelette. Saute the broccoli and onion until soft, add in the whisked eggs, then cook the omelette for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through
- Assemble your sandwiches with a piece of the omelette and a slice of cheddar cheese
- Wrap each sandwich in parchment paper or foil, then refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month
How to reheat breakfast sandwiches
- If you kept the sandwiches in the refrigerator, you can bake them on 350 F for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted, or microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes. The oven adds a nice crisp to the bread, so I prefer that method
- If frozen, I suggest defrosting overnight in the fridge and then following the above warming instructions. You can otherwise microwave the frozen sandwiches for 1 minute, and then bake them for 5 minutes on 350 F
These breakfast sandwiches are so easy to prepare, they’re going to be a meal prep staple. Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you try them!