Apple pie overnight oats is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. It takes 10 minutes to prep, and is filled with fiber, whole grains and delicious apple cinnamon flavor!
Overnight oats are truly one of my favorite breakfasts. They’re creamy, filling, and have endless flavoring options. I love preparing a couple of servings to have on hand for busy mornings or quick snacks.
They’re filled with fiber and whole-grains, and can be prepped up to 5 days in advance.
How to make overnight oats
Here’s what you’ll need to make these simple overnight oats:
- rolled oats– if you’re sensitive to gluten, be sure to opt for certified gluten-free oats
- milk– I love using a plant-based milk like unsweetened almond milk
- chia seeds– chia seeds help thicken the oat mixture, making it thick and creamy
- maple syrup– to add a little sweetness
- flavorings– like vanilla extract and cinnamon
- sauteed apples– I sauteed the chopped apples in cinnamon and coconut oil to give this recipe a delicious apple flavor
The perfect make ahead recipe
This oat mixture will stay fresh in your fridge for 4-5 days, so you can double the batch and enjoy it throughout the week. When ready to eat, I love to add vanilla or plain greek yogurt to mine for a little boost of protein.
One of the best parts about this recipe is that once you create the base of oatmeal, you can flavor it in different ways.
This recipe is simple, delicious, and a nutritious way to start your morning. I know you guys are going to love it!