Freezer friendly pesto, egg & cheese breakfast sandwiches are the perfect meal prep for busy mornings! They can be frozen or refrigerated, and then toasted until warm & crispy.
Pesto Breakfast Sandwiches
Meal prepping breakfast sandwiches has been so convenient for busy mornings. These pesto, egg and cheese sandwiches are a delicious way to pack in some protein and fiber off the morning, and are an easy grab & go option if you’re on the go.
Since you guys have been loving my broccoli, egg & cheddar sandwiches, I made a new variation with a mediterranean twist. These sandwiches are made with pesto, a feta omelette with bell peppers and red onion, and some shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to make Pesto, Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwiches
- First, prepare the omelette. Saute the pepper and onion until soft, add in the whisked eggs and feta cheese, then cook the omelette for about 5-7 minutes until cooked through
- Assemble your sandwiches with pesto, a slice of the omelette and shredded cheese
- Wrap each sandwich in parchment paper or foil, then refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for 1-2 months
How to store and reheat your breakfast sandwiches
- Refrigerate: You can refrigerate the sandwiches for up to 3 days. To reheat, bake them on 350 F for 5 minutes, until the cheese is melted, or microwave on high for 1.5-2 minutes. The oven adds a nice crisp to the bread, so I prefer that method
- Freeze: the sandwiches can be frozen for 1-2 months. I suggest defrosting overnight in the fridge and then following the above warming instructions. To heat from frozen, microwave the frozen sandwiches for 1 minute, and then bake them for 5 minutes on 350 F
These sandwiches are so delicious, easy to make, and the perfect balanced meal prep. I can’t wait for you to try them!