This protein packed veggie egg bake is an easy meal prep to stock your fridge with for a quick breakfast or snack. It’s light & fluffy and comes together so easily!
Veggie Egg Bake
I’ve been obsessed with Starbucks sous vide egg bites for years and have been wanting to come up with my own version for a while. I tested this veggie egg bake a couple of times and think I finally perfected the texture.
This simple recipe is light, yet filling. It’s made from a base of eggs, cottage cheese, and shredded cheese with a little tapioca flour to really give it the ideal texture.
The cottage cheese adds an extra boost of protein. Its blended together with the eggs and cheese, so if you’re not a fan of the cottage cheese curds, don’t worry, you won’t even taste it!
This recipe easily turned into a weekly staple. My husband and I finish them within 3-4 days, and we never get sick of them. If you wanted to change up the flavors, feel free to use your favorite cheese blend and veggies.
How to make an egg bake
This recipe is really quick to throw together, and requires just a few simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- cottage cheese
- shredded cheese- I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar
- tapioca flour- the flour really helps give these egg bars the ideal texture. Without it, the end result is a little more spongey. I don’t recommend skipping the flour, but you can use arrowroot or all-purpose flour instead
- veggies: red bell pepper, spinach, onion & scallions
- spices: salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Blend the eggs, cheese and cottage cheese together in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Mix that together with the chopped vegetables, spices and tapioca flour
- Pour everything into a greased baking dish
- Bake for about 25 minutes
You’ll be left with the perfect breakfast or snack to enjoy throughout the week. I pop mine in the mini oven or microwave to warm when I’m ready to serve, and love to top it with hot sauce for an added kick.
Serve these with whole grain toast, avocado, yogurt, or just as is! Either way, you’re going to love this simple recipe.
I made the veggie bake & they are delicious. Love to eat them for breakfast & will make them when I have company for brunch.