White chocolate peppermint cookie bars are easy to make, filled with delicious peppermint flavor, and perfect for this holiday season!
The best cookie bars
Cookie bars are basically cookies in bar form, but are so much easier to make, and don’t require chilling the dough before baking. Huge win if you ask me.
This recipe uses a combination of oat and almond flour, which are my favorite blend of flour alternatives to bake with. They result in a soft-baked cookie, with a perfectly chewy consistency.
These cookies have delicious peppermint flavor, and are filled with pools of white chocolate chips.
They’re topped with a simple vanilla peppermint icing made from store-bought vanilla frosting and peppermint extract. The icing truly brings all the flavors together and gives these cookie bars an extra hint of holiday flavor.
What you’ll need to make these Peppermint Cookie Bars
This recipe was based off of my chocolate chip cookie bar recipe, with just a few modifications. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Almond flour- fine almond flour is my go-to for baking, like this one
- Oat flour- store-bought oat flour is ideal for its fine texture. If you don’t have any lying around, you can make your own by blending rolled oats in a blender until fine like flour
- Coconut sugar
- Softened coconut oil- you can also use vegan butter for these!
- White chocolate chips
- Peppermint extract
- Vanilla frosting- I like to use this dairy-free one
- Your favorite chocolate bar, to sprinkle over the icing
Combine all of the ingredients together and bake them in a 8 x 8 or 9 x 9 baking dish. Once they’re cool, top them with the 2-ingredient peppermint vanilla icing and finish them off with chocolate shavings.
If you wanted to keep these dairy-free, you can use dairy-free white chocolate chips, and sprinkle the tops of the bars with shaved dark chocolate. Most peppermint chocolate bars are dairy, but the added dark chocolate will add some delicious flavor!
These white chocolate peppermint cookie bars are soft-baked, easy to make, and truly the perfect holiday dessert. I can’t wait for you all to try them 🙂