If you’re looking for new ways to eat your veggies, these vegan broccoli fritters are the perfect little something to meal prep for the week! They’re crispy, loaded with fiber, and topped with a simple homemade chipotle mayo dip.
They’re delicious as a snack or part of your main meal, and come together in just about 30 minutes.
I don’t know about you guys, but i’ve been craving all things savory ever since cookie week two weeks ago. I always try to have some form of veggie prepped in my fridge, and I love these fritters because they’re simple to make, have so many variations, and stay fresh in the fridge all week.
These baked broccoli fritters have a delicious cheesy flavor from the nutritional yeast, and are held together with the help of chia eggs and oat flour.
Sauce options to pair with your vegan broccoli fritters
I love the combination of smokiness in the chipotle mayo with the broccoli flavor. I threw together a very basic vegan chipotle mayo, but you can serve these fritters with so many other sauces!
- Spicy cashew cheese sauce: I love this homemade cheese sauce, and usually pair it with french fries. It would be delicious over these fritters!
- Cucumber yogurt dip: I originally made this yogurt dip to serve over salmon, but it would work great on these fritters! Just substitute your favorite dairy-free yogurt if needed!
- Store-bought sauce: this pre-made sauce is one of my favorites to serve over fritters, veggie burgers, or on sandwiches!
Reheating your fritters
One thing I love about this recipe is that even when reheated, they still maintain that same crisp as when you first made them.
To reheat your fritters:
- cook them in a skillet with cooking spray over a medium flame for 2-3 minutes per side
- or stick them under the broiler for 2-3 minutes per side.
Serve them as is, or as a side to your favorite protein! I can’t wait to hear what you guys think. Be sure to leave a rating and comment below if you try them!
Love this recipe! Broccoli is one of our favorite veggies and we are always looking for new ways to enjoy it. We made these with a mixture of broccoli and cauliflower. Then we used our cashew cheese sauce. For a little extra protein, I added crushed pistachios to the top before baking. They were delicious!
Really really good as a lunch, with a salad and so filling ❤️
can I sub real egg to chia egg?
Yes that should work in the same amount!
Have you used with other flours besides oat? Cassava, Almond, coconut? Thanks.
I would say cassava is your best option of the 3. Regular flour or spelt flour work well too!
Looks yum! Can i skip the nutritional yeast?
Yes definitely! You can leave it out completely, or substitute your favorite shredded cheese (vegan or regular) or Parmesan instead!