Mango overnight oats are the perfect make-ahead breakfast packed with whole-grains and protein! A delicious combination of creamy oatmeal layered with fresh chunks of mango, chia seeds and yogurt.
Every time I prepare overnight oats, I’m reminded of how delicious (and easy!) it is. It’s the perfect meal prep for busy mornings, and can be flavored in so many delicious ways.
We’ve been on quite a mango kick in our house, and this mango flavored overnight oats is seriously heaven in a glass. It has that delicious tropical flavor from the sweet mango, and is packed with heart-healthy fats, whole grain and protein.
I’m a creature of habit when it comes to my breakfast, so I like to meal prep a few things ahead of time for the week so that I have something to grab after a morning workout.
The combination of mango, yogurt and oats is so satisfying, and helps fuel my morning when I have a busy day.
How to make overnight oats
The basic formula for overnight oats is:
- rolled oats– if you’re sensitive to gluten, be sure to opt for certified gluten-free oats
- milk– I love using a plant-based milk like unsweetened almond milk
- chia seeds– chia seeds help thicken the oat mixture, making it nice and creamy. They’re also a good source of omega-3 fats and contribute a little bit of protein!
- yogurt– I usually opt for a Greek yogurt, but you can swap your favorite plant-based yogurt to keep this recipe dairy-free
- maple syrup or honey
- flavorings– like vanilla extract, cinnamon, and fruit
Combine all of the ingredients together, and let it chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight!
Preparing your oats ahead of time
This oat mixture will stay fresh in your fridge for 3-4 days, so you can double the batch and add in your fruit when you’re ready to enjoy it!
One of the best parts about this recipe is that once you create the base of oatmeal, you can flavor it in different ways.
Other flavor combinations for overnight oats
I’m obsessed with the mango in this recipe, but here are some other flavor options if you wanted to switch things up:
- Strawberries & Cream: mix your yogurt into the oat mixture, along with chopped strawberries. When ready to serve, top with a little extra yogurt and fresh berries!
- Banana Peanut Butter: instead of yogurt, mash 1/2 of a banana into the oat mixture with 1 tbsp of peanut butter. When ready to serve, top it with fresh banana slices and a few crushed peanuts
- Peanut butter & Jelly: mix in 1 tbsp of peanut butter into your oat base, and stir in some fresh raspberries. When ready to serve, top with extra peanut butter, and 1 tbsp of fruit sweetened jam
Mango chia overnight oats are a delicious breakfast option for busy mornings. This recipe takes 5 minutes to prepare, and is packed with health benefits and flavor!
I can’t wait for you guys to try it 🙂