Freezer-friendly feta & avocado breakfast sandwiches are a delicious and nourishing meal prep for busy mornings! They come together in 30 minutes and are the perfect make-ahead meal.
Feta & Avocado Breakfast Sandwiches
These breakfast sandwiches with a feta and herb omelette are an easy and nutritious meal prep to keep around for busy days. They come together in just 30 minutes, and can stay frozen for up to 1 month!
They’re made with whole wheat english muffins, avocado, a feta and herb omelette and sliced grape tomatoes. They’re a delicious way to pack in some protein off the morning, and are an easy grab & go option if you’re on the run.
These breakfast sandwiches can easily be customized to your liking.
- add a spread: these would be delicious with some added pesto
- add more cheese: for an even cheesier sandwich, add a slice of cheese on top of the egg
- add even more flavor: pickled onions would be a delicious addition to these!
How to prepare breakfast sandwiches
- Prepare the omelette. Blend together the eggs and cottage cheese then mix them with the herbs and feta. Saute the onion and kale until soft, then add in the whisked eggs. Cook the omelette for about 8 minutes until cooked through.
- Assemble your sandwiches. Add a layer of avocado to each english muffin then gently smash it down. Top it with a piece of the omelette and the sliced tomatoes. Finish it off with some salt & pepper
- Store the sandwiches. Wrap each sandwich in parchment paper or foil and keep them in a sealable bag or airtight container. Freeze them for up to 1 month.
How to reheat the breakfast sandwiches
I highly suggest freezing the sandwiches after preparing them so that the avocado wont go bad. When ready to eat, microwave the frozen sandwiches for 1 minute, then bake them for 5-6 minutes on 350 F. You can microwave them fully for 2 minutes if preferred and skip baking them.
To skip the microwave step, let the sandwich sit out for 15-20 minutes, then bake it for 5-6 minutes until cooked through.
These easy and delicious breakfast sandwiches are going to be your new favorite meal prep. I can’t wait for you to try them!