Gluten-free chocolate chip pumpkin bars are the perfect fall treat. They’re made with oat flour and almond flour, and lightly sweetened with coconut sugar.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bars
I’ll have to admit I’m not the biggest pumpkin fanatic, but these chocolate chip pumpkin bars are truly one of my favorite simple baked goods to make when the weather starts to cool.
They melt-in-your-mouth and have pools of melted chocolate in each bite. They’re not overly sweet, and are easy to grab in the morning before a workout or as a light snack. The oat flour adds the perfect fluffy texture, and even adds a boost of fiber and whole-grains.
If you’re not a fan of the chocolate + pumpkin combination, you can easily make these with white chocolate chips, or as plain pumpkin bars. They’re so convenient to have around and come together so easily.
Spread some butter or nut butter on them for the ultimate flavor combo.
What you’ll need to make these gluten-free pumpkin bars
- pumpkin puree– make sure you’re using 100% pumpkin and not pumpkin pie filling
- oat flour– I prefer buying pre-made oat flour for this recipe, but it would also work with homemade oat flour, or all-purpose flour for a non-gluten free version!
- almond flour– to add a fluffiness to the bars
- eggs– used as a binder and to help get that perfect fluffy texture
- oil– I used refined coconut oil, but you can use any neutral tasting liquid oil
- coconut sugar– one of my go-to sweeteners for its rich color and caramel-like flavor
- vanilla extract- just a little for added flavor!
- cinnamon for added flavor
- chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
These chocolate chip pumpkin bars are moist, easy to make, and truly the perfect fall dessert. I can’t wait for you all to try them 🙂