Rainbow beet salad with white beans, grated carrots, fresh herbs and a cumin vinaigrette. This flavor packed salad is a nourishing dish to prep this week!
White Bean Beet Salad
This delicious white bean and beet salad is loaded with so many good flavors. Cooked beets, grated carrots, cannellini beans, feta cheese and nuts tossed together in a simple cumin dressing. This salad is packed with fiber and nourishing flavors, and is the perfect meal prep for busy work weeks.
It’s one of those recipes where you can add in anything and everything you have on hand. It’s delicious on its own but I love to pair it with whole grain crackers or tortilla chips.
This vibrant salad is full of heart-healthy ingredients like beets and walnuts, and loaded with plant-based protein from the cannellini beans and nuts. The cumin dressing ties in all of the flavors together and is so easy to make.
It’s an eye-catching salad to serve to your guests or family, but simple enough to prep for yourself for a weekday meal.
Ingredients you’ll need
When I tell you I threw this salad together with what I had in my fridge and pantry, I’m not exaggerating. This recipe is that simple, and can easily be customized. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Cooked beets– I love keeping pre-cooked beets on hand to throw into salads. You can boil or roast your own, but store-bought ones will save you some time!
- Cannellini beans– this recipe would also work well with chickpeas or other white beans
- Grated carrots and radish– I added these for a pop of color and crunch
- Fresh herbs– I added parsley and mint
- Feta cheese– feta cheese is honestly a non-negotiable in my salads. The salty flavor pairs so well with the sweet beets
- Nuts– pistachios and walnuts are my go-to in a salad
- Cumin dressing– a simple dressing made of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, date syrup, cumin and salt & pepper
This recipe is just loaded with feel-good ingredients. Everything gets tossed in my favorite zesty cumin dressing which I love using for so many different salads!
I love to crumble extra feta cheese over the top before serving it for some added savory flavor. I mentioned this above, but I find this salad to be the perfect pair for a crunchy cracker or tortilla chip.
Pair this salad with your favorite protein for a fresh & delicious weeknight lunch or dinner. You guys are going to love this simple recipe. Tag me on Instagram if you try it! 🙂