Plant-based walnut blueberry energy bites are the perfect snack to keep on hand. They’re filled with healthy fats and fiber to keep you fueled throughout your day.
Blueberry Energy Bites
These dark chocolate blueberry energy bites are such a delicious treat to keep around. They’re made with a few pantry staples, like rolled oats, walnuts, tahini, and dried blueberries.
I love stocking my fridge with energy bites because they’re easy to make with simple ingredients, and convenient to grab when you’re in a pinch for time. They’re the perfect light bite before a workout or as an afternoon treat!
Energy bites pack in whole-grains, heart-healthy fats, and can be flavored in endless ways. They’re always a go-to of mine when I need something light and quick on hand.
These walnut blueberry bites have the perfect sweet & salty flavor filled with so many feel-good ingredients.
What you’ll need to make Walnut Blueberry Energy Bites
- Rolled oats- the oats act as the base to this recipe. Quick-cooking rolled oats are ideal for this recipe since they’re already slightly processed and are a lot easier to chew when eaten raw
- Walnuts- walnuts add a crunch in addition to heart-healthy omega 3 fats
- Tahini, or your favorite nut butter- to help bind these bites together
- Dried blueberries- for some delicious blueberry flavor
- Maple syrup- a little goes a long way. Feel free to modify the amount you use!
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
Everything gets blended together in a blender/food processor, then rolled into balls. I love topping mine off with a drizzle of dark chocolate and some chopped walnuts or freeze-dried blueberries.
PRO TIP: wet your hands before rolling the bites. The batter may be sticky, but wet hands help ease the process!
I can’t wait for you guys to try these bites! They’re going to be a new staple for you.