Vibrant roasted beet hummus with crispy za’atar pita chips is a delicious snack or appetizer to make for the week!
Roasted Beet Hummus with Za’atar Pita Chips
If you love hummus, you’re going to love this gorgeous pink beet hummus! This simple dip is a perfect appetizer or snack to prep for the week, and taste delicious with homemade pita chips or a side of veggies.
I love to garnish it with creamy tahini sauce, a drizzle of olive oil, fresh herbs and sesame seeds. It’s a dip that’s almost too pretty to eat, and pairs so well with a fresh salad, roasted salmon, or herbed chicken.
A couple of years ago I shared a delicious beet hummus recipe made with precooked beets. This updated recipe is made with roasted beets, giving it a much more vibrant color with a more flavorful kick.
My favorite hummus toppings
There are so many topping options for any hummus plate, but here are some of my favorites:
- Simple spices: paprika, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Everything but the kitchen sink (my personal fave): olive oil, tahini sauce, za’atar, sesame seeds, parsley, and red pepper flakes
- Keep it classic: a drizzle of tahini sauce and extra chickpeas on top
This beet hummus is delicious on its own, but made even better with the right toppings. I served it as a side dish with pita chips, and enjoyed leftovers throughout the week in wraps and sandwiches.
What you’ll need to make roasted beet hummus
Here’s what you’ll need for this simple recipe:
- Chickpeas– this recipe calls for canned chickpeas, but you can soak dry chickpeas overnight
- Roasted beets: I prefer roasting my own beet for a richer color and flavor, but this recipe can be made with pre cooked, store-bought beets.
- Tahini, aka ground sesame seeds- you can find this at most grocery stores. Here’s one I’ve used before and love
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cold water to blend
Blend all of these together in your food processor or blender until smooth. Spoon the hummus into a shallow plate or small platter and top it off with your favorite toppings!
This roasted beet hummus is easy to make, packed with flavor, and the perfect appetizer or snack to serve! You guys are going to love it.