Herb roasted potatoes are a simple and delicious side dish for the week. Serve them with creamy whipped feta dip for the perfect flavor combination.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Roasted sweet potatoes potatoes are one of the best side dishes to pair with any meal. They’re rich in vitamins and nutrients and can be prepared in so many ways. Bake them with a few simple spices and herbs and serve them with a creamy whipped feta dip.
I love to garnish them with a drizzle of olive oil, hot honey and some crushed pistachios for an added crunch.
This recipe can serve 6-8 people, but can also double as a meal prep for a smaller household. Add your roasted potatoes to salads, nourish bowls, or your work week lunches for some complex carb throughout the week.
What you’ll need to make roasted sweet potatoes:
- Sweet potatoes– I used both orange and purple for a fun color combination
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt, pepper, garlic powder
- Herbs: fresh thyme and rosemary
- Garnishes: homemade whipped feta, olive oil, hot honey, pistachios
- Chop the sweet potatoes into 1″ pieces and add them to a large sheet pan with the sliced shallots
- Toss everything in the olive oil, spices and herbs
- Bake on 425 F for 35-45 minutes. Bake time will vary depending on oven and sheet pan size
- Serve with homemade whipped feta dip and garnish with a drizzle of olive oil, hot honey and crushed pistachios
If preparing ahead of time, I suggest roasting the potatoes first, reheating them when ready to serve, then plating them onto the whipped feta. The feta dip is best served at room temperature since it may harden if refrigerated.
Leftovers will stay good in the fridge for up 3-4 days. To reheat, you can warm them in the oven or air-fryer.
This recipe is so simple and delicious, you guys are going to love it! You can tag me on Instagram if you try it 🙂