Chocolate overnight oats is the perfect make-ahead breakfast. It’s loaded with fiber to help keep you fueled all morning, and truly tastes like dessert for breakfast!
Chocolate Overnight Oats
A nourishing breakfast helps set you up for the rest of your day, so I always try to have something ready to grab in the fridge. Chocolate overnight oats are one of my favorite sweet breakfasts to start my morning with, and honestly taste like dessert for breakfast.
Rolled oats, chia seeds and cocoa powder get mixed with milk, maple syrup and vanilla extra to make a creamy and hearty dish. The yogurt and strawberries add even more flavor, and provide some added protein.
This recipe takes less than 10 minutes to prepare, and can set you up for breakfast for the week. It can easily be doubled and served all week with your favorite yogurt and fruit combination.
I love adding chia seeds to my overnight oats for a boost of fat. They’re a good source of fiber, protein and alpha-linolenic acid, and essential omega-3 fatty acid.
How To Make Chocolate Overnight Oats
The base recipe to most overnight oats are rolled oats, your choice of milk, a sweetener, and any additional flavors you like. Here’s what you’ll need to make creamy chocolate overnight oats-
- Rolled oats– I love using quick-cooking oats, but any rolled oats will work well for this recipe
- Chia seeds– you can find them in almost any grocery store, usually in the spice section
- Milk– I love using an unsweetened almond milk or oat milk for a creamier texture, but have also used dairy milk for a little extra protein
- Cocoa powder– the cocoa powder adds a delicious chocolate flavor, and pairs so well with fresh berries
- Maple syrup– I like to sweeten my oats with maple syrup, but honey or any other sweetener you prefer would work well
- Vanilla extract– for an extra boost of flavor
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, cocoa powder, milk, maple syrup and vanilla extract together and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with your favorite yogurt and fresh berries
- Enjoy cold for breakfast or a midday snack
This recipe is simple, delicious, and a nutritious way to start your morning. I know you guys are going to love it!