Chocolate covered bananas are the perfect summer treat! They’re a fun way to eat more fruit, and an easy snack to have on hand for both you and the kids.
I don’t have kids yet, so yes, these are all for me!
I love keeping healthier frozen treats around to help tame my sweet tooth, and these always hit the spot for something refreshing. Plus you only need 4-ingredients so that’s always a win! I like to consider this recipe a “non-recipe recipe” since its so simple.
Fun Toppings for Your Chocolate Covered Bananas
- crushed nuts- walnuts, pecans, peanuts, or any nut of your liking are a great option to pair with your bananas
- granola- the perfect flavorful crunch to go with your pops!
- shredded coconut for a nut free, sweeter taste
- sprinkles- because you’re never too old for sprinkles!
Any way you eat them, I guarantee you’ll love them!
TIPS for the best results:
- Make sure your bananas aren’t too spotty, otherwise they’ll be hard to work with.
- Thin your chocolate by melting it with a little bit of coconut oil to spread it more easily
- Eat them fresh out of the freezer! Avoid refreezing after its been defrosted- the bananas will get too mushy
Are these chocolate covered banana pops an equal replacement for ice cream?
But are they a fun way to eat fruit and another excuse to eat chocolate?
Whether you bought too many bananas, want a quick treat for the summer heat, or need an excuse to eat sprinkles, these chocolate covered bananas are the thing for you!