This delicious chickpea salad with strawberries is bursting with veggies and delicious flavor! It’s tossed in a simple maple dijon vinaigrette, and is the perfect way to enjoy your fresh strawberries.
If you’re looking for new ways to enjoy salads this season, this chickpea salad is the one for you! Packed with fiber, whole-grains, and delicious flavors, it’s the perfect combination of nutritious and delicious.
The freshly sliced strawberries add the perfect sweetness to this salad. You can prepare it up to 3 days in advance, and can easily customize it to your liking!
Serve it as is, or topped with your favorite protein. I love it with my Pistachio Crusted Salmon.
What you’ll need to make this chickpea salad with strawberries
- Fresh mozzarella
- Red onion
- A simple homemade maple dijon vinaigrette
How to customize your strawberry chickpea salad
If you wanted to customize this salad to your liking, or use up ingredients you have on hand, here are a few easy substitutions to make:
- Use any base of greens in place of arugula- kale or spinach would be great options!
- Substitute the quinoa for any other grain- wild rice, farro, or even whole wheat pasta would all be delicious options
- Replace the fresh mozzarella with crumbled feta or goat cheese
- Use vegan cheese to make this plant-based- if you wanted to keep this salad vegan, substitute your favorite vegan cheese