Small-batch breadsticks made with a Greek yogurt dough are an easy, protein-packed snack or side dish! Top them with a simple garlic butter sauce and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
These small-batch breadsticks are my newest addition to my Greek-yogurt dough recipes. If you haven’t tried my yogurt bagels or pizza dough yet, you’re in for a treat. The protein-rich dough is made from Greek yogurt and all-purpose flour, and comes together in minutes.
I love whipping up an easy side dish for dinners and these small-batch breadsticks are the perfect little treat. They’re topped with a garlic butter sauce and served with some marinara sauce for dipping.
Tips for making the perfect greek yogurt dough
- Use low-fat or non-fat yogurt– I’m all for full-fat dairy when it comes to snacking, but full-fat yogurt doesn’t hold up as well in this recipe. You’ll be left with a wet dough that’s hard to shape
- Flour your hands and working station- since this isn’t your typical yeast dough, the dough may feel a little sticky when shaping. I suggest using extra flour on your hands and working surface to ease the process
- Use all-purporse flour or a gluten-free 1:1 baking blend– flour substitutes like almond, oat or coconut flour will not work as well in this recipe
What You’ll Need For Small-batch Breadsticks with Greek Yogurt Dough
You’ll need 6 total ingredients for the breadsticks, plus the garlic butter sauce:
- All-purpose flour– or sub your favorite gluten-free 1:1 baking blend
- 0% or 2% Greek yogurt (low-fat or non-fat)- I tested this recipe with full-fat yogurt and the results were not the same. You’ll need a lot more flour if using full-fat yogurt
- Cheese sticks
- Baking powder
- Garlic powder
- Garlic butter sauce: melted butter, minced garlic and dry parsley
Prepare your breadsticks
- Start by combining the flour, baking powder, salt, garlic powder and yogurt in a bowl. Knead the dough with your hands to evenly incorporate the flour and yogurt. Once a dough starts to form, transfer it to a floured surface
- Continue kneading the dough on a lightly floured surface for a couple of minutes. Sprinkle flour as needed if the dough becomes too sticky
- Once the dough is smooth, divide it into 6 equal balls. Stretch out each to a circular shape, big enough to fit half a cheese stick. Place half of a cheese stick in the center of the rolled out dough, then roll the dough over the cheese stick to form your breadstick, making sure to close off any open ends. Repeat with remaining dough
- Bake the breadsticks for about 10-12 minutes. I like to set them under the broiler for another 1-2 minutes at the end
- Brush with your garlic butter sauce and serve warm with a side of marinara
This breadstick recipe is truly so easy to make, and a fun new snack to make this week! I hope you guys love them as much as we do.