Mediterranean quinoa salad is an easy, nourishing dish to prepare for the week packed with fiber, fats and plant-based protein. Serve it with some crumbled feta cheese for a simple weekday lunch.
Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
Nourishing grain salads are my favorite meal prep for busy weeks. They’re an easy way to pack in extra fiber, and can be served with different proteins throughout the week.
This mediterranean inspired quinoa salad is made with fresh veggies like peppers, cucumbers and onions, and tossed in a simple red wine vinaigrette for a light yet hearty salad.
The red wine vinaigrette is one of my favorite simple dressings to make for any salad. It adds the best flavor to this quinoa salad the longer it sits, making it the perfect make ahead recipe for quick workday lunches.
What you’ll need to make quinoa salad:
This recipes comes together in just 30 minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Quinoa- you can cook it in vegetable broth for added flavor, but water works well too
- Cucumbers, bell pepper and red onion, for a boost of fiber and added crunch
- Canned chickpeas- these add some texture to the salad along with plant-based protein and fiber
- Kalamata olives- for extra fat and flavor
- Crumbled feta cheese, or your favorite crumbled cheese to top with
Serve the salad cold or at room temperature. I love it with a grilled piece of salmon!
This nourishing quinoa salad always hits the spot. It’s the perfect meal prep to keep in your fridge for an easy lunch during the week. I can’t wait for you guys to try it!