You guys- I think I found my new favorite glaze! Slightly addicting maple tahini sauce served over tofu with a side of garlic green beans. It’s an easy tofu recipe that’s perfect for both meat and non-meat eaters!
I eat tofu at least once a week, and have slowly been converting my husband into a tofu lover, too. I usually pair it with a stir fry, but this time was craving something a little different. I threw together a super simple maple tahini sauce, and I’m kind of obsessed!
I love cooking with tahini because its so versatile. You can use it in sweet recipes, like these chocolate chunk tahini oatmeal bars, or in savory recipes like this one! The tahini creates a thick, creamy glaze that pairs so well with tofu, but would even taste delicious on fish or veggies!
What you’ll need for the Maple Tahini Glaze
- Tahini, aka as pure ground sesame seeds. I grew up eating tahini sauce with veggies, salads, and proteins. It’s rich in heart-healthy fats and B vitamins, and even has some protein!
- Pure maple syrup
- Coconut aminos- you can sub low sodium soy sauce here, but I love the sweetness coconut aminos provides. You’ll notice me use it in a ton of my recipes!
- Salt, garlic powder, and an optional pinch of red pepper flakes
You likely have all of these ingredients in your pantry. Pair this easy tofu recipe with a side of rice, like my favorite homemade sushi rice, for that perfect balance of protein, veggie and starch.
Other ways to enjoy the maple tahini sauce
This sweet and savory tahini sauce would pair well with so many other things aside from tofu:
- Use it as a marinade for salmon
- Serve it over roasted cauliflower
- Use it as a sauce for a chicken + veggie stir fry
- Pour it over grilled eggplant as a fun appetizer
There are so many fun ways to incorporate this sauce, and I know you guys are going to love it!
Delicious! So so super simple and filling- the green beans are the perfect balance with the maple tahini sauce on the tofu
So happy to hear that, Eliana!
This is delicious! I make this for lunch on a regular basis and it’s always a hit. I love that this recipe is so versatile – sometimes I’ll add the tofu to other sides Gal shared (i.e. the brocolli, carrots) or use this sauce for marination. 10/10 recommend.