These delicious gluten-free chocolate chip biscotti are the perfect treat to pair with a warm cup of coffee or tea! They’re made with just 8 simple ingredients, and taste just like the classic cookie.
Biscotti are twice-baked, long crunchy almond cookies that can be filled with different nuts and dried fruit, or even dipped in chocolate. After sharing my vanilla chai Almond Flour Biscotti last month, I knew I had to share a chocolate chip version.
These cookies can really be flavored and filled with anything you like, and are the perfect dunkable cookies for your choice of beverage.
The cookie base is made from almond flour, which gives it that perfect crunch and texture when baked. The true flavor comes from the almond extract, so be sure not to skip that part!
How to make gluten-free chocolate chip biscotti
These almond flour biscotti are made with just 8 simple ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need-
- Almond flour- I like using a fine almond flour, like this one
- Coconut sugar- using coconut sugar, like I did in this recipe, will result in a darker cookie. You can also swap light brown sugar if that’s all you have
- Coconut oil- I like to use a refined coconut oil in these, for a neutral taste
- Almond extract- this is what gives it that true biscotti flavor, so I don’t suggest substituting it
- Baking powder
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
First you bake the batter as a log and let it cool. Once it’s cool, slice your bars and bake each side again until crispy!
I like to dip the ends of my cookies in melted dark chocolate, but for an easier approach, you can drizzle some extra chocolate over them. If you wanted to add a little zest, you can mix in 1 tbsp of orange zest to the batter for a delicious orange chocolate taste.
I can’t wait for you guys to try these! 🙂