Chili lime chicken is a delicious 30-minute meal that packs in heat and zesty flavor all in one. Serve it with some grilled veggies, a fresh salad, and rice for a well-rounded dinner.
Chili Lime Chicken is the perfect 30-minute dinner
I am all about the easy, weeknight recipes that don’t compromise flavor and this chili lime chicken is no exception. Seasoned chicken breast get cooked then topped with a spicy and zesty lime sauce.
The chicken stays juicy and so flavorful, and is so delicious over rice with a side salad. This recipe is the perfect 30-minute dinner to make if you’re looking for new ways to enjoy chicken!
Chili Lime Marinade
This marinade comes together so easily, and has a touch of sweetness from the honey. You’ll need just a few simple ingredients like olive oil, fresh lime juice, cilantro and chili flakes.
While I absolutely loved it served over grilled chicken, it would also pair well with salmon, tofu or even veggies.
What you’ll need to make this recipe
- Chicken breast– I used two large chicken breast that I cut into smaller pieces. You can also prepare this using chicken thighs
- Spices– the chicken is seasoned in some paprika, cumin, salt & pepper
- Olive oil– you’ll need olive oil to marinate the chicken and for the chili lime sauce
- Cilantro– fresh, chopped cilantro is used as the base of the sauce
- Fresh lime juice– for the perfect zesty flavor
- Honey– to add a touch of sweetness
- Garlic– a non-negotiable in sauces and marinades
- Red pepper flakes and Chili Pepper– for extra heat
- Start by preparing the chili lime marinade by combining the sauce ingredients together
- Season the chicken in your spices, olive oil and a spoonful of the chili lime marinade. You can marinate this for a few hours, or grill the chicken right away
- Cook the chicken on a heated skillet for about 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway. Spoon some of the sauce over the chicken while still in the pan
- Transfer the chicken to your serving plate and top with the remaining chili lime marinade
How to serve your chicken
I love to keep things simple for dinner and stick to a hearty protein, side of carb and a fun veggie. Here are a few serving suggestions for chili lime chicken:
- Serve with rice and a side of maple dijon roasted carrots
- Pair with pearl couscous with roasted vegetables
- Cut the chicken into smaller bites and eat over a hearty kale salad