Vegan chocolate turtles are the perfect little no-bake treat to make this holiday season. They have a delicious nut butter caramel, are topped with crunchy pecan halves, and coated in vegan dark chocolate.
Flakey sea salt is optional, but highly recommended to balance out the sweetness in these!
I love a good no-bake dessert, especially when all of the ingredients are sitting in my pantry. These chocolate turtles have been on my list to make forever, and i’m so excited to finally share this simple recipe with you guys!
Chocolate turtles got their name because the pecan placement and chocolate coating sometimes resemble a turtle in its shell. I just placed my pecans in the middle (lazy girl problems), but you can totally make these any way you like.
You start with your caramel layer (which is made with only 1 bowl and no boiling/blending required), top it with your pecans, let it set in the freezer, and then top them off with melted dairy-free chocolate.
These vegan chocolate turtles are the perfect combination of sweet and salty, and such a fun little treat to keep in your freezer.
What you’ll need to make vegan chocolate turtles
These healthier chocolate turtles are so simple to make, and require less than 10 ingredients!
- Almond butter– I like to use one made with roasted almonds, with no added oils or sugar
- Cashew butter– most cashew butters you’ll find do have added oils. Since you only need two tablespoons worth, any cashew butter would work well for this recipe
- Pure maple syrup– it’s one of my go-to sweeteners, but agave or honey would be a great replacement
- Coconut oil- refined oil is neutral in taste and smell, so opt for a refined coconut oil unless you love a coconut flavor
- Raw pecan halves
- Dairy-free chocolate chips– these are my favorite vegan ones that melt well!
- Vanilla extract
These are truly so easy to make, and a great last minute dessert to make for the holidays. Be sure to tag me on Instagram if you make them- I love taking a peak into your kitchens!
So easy and delicious!
Hi! We’ve been making these on repeat every Friday for our weekend desserts and they are the biggest hit! It’s definitely a bonus that they are so easy to whip up 😊. Nobody believes their vegan 😂
I’m so happy to hear that, Liora! The simpler the better ☺️
Made these today, they were so easy to make and so delicious! They’re already almost gone 😂 lol
so glad you tried them!