Spicy salmon sushi bake is a deconstructed sushi roll made with all of your favorite sushi flavors. It’s layered, baked, and served warm with all the best toppings. It’s the perfect meal to throw together for family dinner or a crowd!
Spicy Salmon Sushi Bake
If you haven’t tried a sushi bake before, it’s basically a deconstructed sushi roll made with layers of sushi rice, furikake, and whichever blend of seafood mixture you choose.
This spicy salmon sushi bake has all of the delicious flavors of a spicy salmon roll, except its baked and served warm with fresh avocado, sliced jalapenos, and a side of nori.
There are so many ways to make this dish, so feel free to add in anything you like. I’ve seen it made with kani or shrimp mixed in, but the spicy salmon mix is my go-to.
This sushi bake was trending on tiktok for the longest time, so I finally decided to give it a go. I’ve made my deconstructed sushi salad for so many years, but loved the idea of serving this sushi bake warm.
How to make a sushi bake
This dish is made up of a couple of simple layers which could be modified to your liking.
- Step one is to prepare your sushi rice. I normally follow the instructions on the package to cook my rice, then I season it with some rice vinegar, sugar and salt
- Next up, bake your salmon with a couple of seasonings. Once it’s baked, flake it up and add it to a bowl with cream cheese, spicy mayo and scallions. You can also add imitation crab!
- Layer the rice, salmon, and furikake in a baking dish, then top it all with spicy mayo and eel sauce
- Bake it for about 10 minutes, then let it broil for 2 minutes
- Top with chopped scallions, jalapenos and sesame seeds
- Serve warm and enjoy
This dish is so delicious and simple to make. I know you guys are going to love it! You can watch me making it on my Instagram through this link.