Strawberry peak season is upon us, so I’m rounding up 6 of my favorite strawberry recipes for you guys to make this summer! From Breakfast Waffles, to Oatmeal Crumble Bars, to Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars, you’ll find a little something for just about everyone in the family.
Before we dive into the recipes, let’s first chat about what gives strawberries their superfruit title. Strawberries are naturally sweet, and filled with essential nutrients and antioxidants such as-
- Fiber- dietary fiber helps keep things moving smoothly along your digestive tract, but can also help lower cholesterol and manage blood sugar levels
- Vitamin C- one serving of strawberries (about 8) can help provide your daily vitamin C requirements, which is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues. Vitamin C plays a huge role in wound healing and acts as an antioxidant to fight off free radicals in the body
- Folate- a powerful B vitamin, folate is needed to make red and white blood cells in the bone marrow, and is extremely important during periods of rapid growth such as pregnancy, infancy and adolescence
- Potassium- Potassium helps balance electrolytes, aids muscle contractions, and helps keep your blood pressure at a healthy level
- Flavonoids- Flavonoids are phytochemicals found in fruits and vegetables that can help your body fight against certain toxins. There are 6 different types of flavonoids, and they help your body stay healthy, while decreasing your risk of chronic health conditions
As you can see, strawberries don’t just taste delicious, but are a great, nutrient-dense food to incorporate into your diet. I created six delicious recipes with California Strawberries that are all gluten-free, dairy-free and filled with tons of other nutritious ingredients. Below you’ll find links to all 6 recipes that will live on the California Strawberries website!
Strawberry Crumble Oatmeal Bars
These gluten-free Strawberry Crumble Bars have become my favorite breakfast bars, and they happen to be vegan, too! They’re topped with a soft oatmeal crumble and are filled with a fresh, strawberry center. They’re a great whole-grain, high fiber option for a grab n’ go breakfast or snack.
You guys are going to love these!
Strawberry Peanut Butter Cups
These 6-ingredient Strawberry Peanut Butter Cups are a fun little spin on the classic chocolate peanut butter cups. They take about 5 minutes to make and are a perfect, freezer-friendly treat! You guys know I love to keep my freezer stocked with chocolate, and these always hit the spot for something sweet.
You can store them in the freezer for up to 3 months, and substitute any nut butter you like!
Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars
These Vegan Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars will take you back to your favorite childhood ice cream! They’re made from a blend of cashews and coconut milk, and filled with a gluten-free crumble and fresh strawberries. They’re truly the perfect treat for the summer heat, and remind me so much of the strawberry shortcake bars I used to get from the ice cream truck.
Strawberry Oatmeal Waffles
An easy make ahead breakfast to simplify your mornings: gluten-free Strawberry Oatmeal Waffles! These waffles are made with minimal ingredients and are perfect for busy mornings. I like to double the batch and freeze them, and pop them in the oven when I’m ready to eat them.
I like to serve them with fresh strawberries, Greek yogurt, and a drop of maple syrup.
Gluten-free Strawberry Shortcake
This Strawberry Shortcake recipe has become one of my favorite desserts for holidays and special occasions. The cake is lightly sweetened and made of almond flour, then topped off with a 3-ingredient dairy free whipped cream made from coconut milk. The trick is to use full-fat coconut milk, refrigerate it overnight, and whip is until fluffy. Topped with freshly sliced strawberries, making it a delicious summer dessert!
And last, but certainly not least-
Raw Strawberry Cashew Cakes
These no-bake, mini Strawberry Cashew Cakes are made with a combination of nuts, dates, and fresh strawberries. The crust is made from dates and nuts, topped with a cashew and coconut cream filling, and swirled with an delicious strawberry glaze.
They’re topped off with fresh lemon zest for the perfect hint of citrus!
I hope you love these recipes as much as I do! Feel free to leave any comments below if you have questions about any of the recipes.
This post was sponsored by California Strawberries, but all opinions are my own. I only work with brands I truly love and believe in.