If you love hummus, you’re going to love this gorgeous pink BEET HUMMUS! This simple dip is a perfect appetizer or snack to prep for the week, and taste delicious with warmed bread and a side of veggies.
It’s almost too pretty to eat 🙂
Homemade hummus is one of my favorite things to meal prep. I snack on it with sliced veggies, or spread it over toast when I want a quick snack.
Beet hummus has been on my to-do list forever, and I’m so excited to finally share this simple recipe with guys! Think of this spread as an empty canvas, and have a little fun with the toppings.
My favorite hummus toppings
There are so many topping options for any hummus, but here are some of my favorites:
- Simple spices: paprika, sesame seeds, and a drizzle of olive oil
- Everything but the kitchen sink (my personal fave): olive oil, tahini sauce, za’atar, sesame seeds, dry parsley, and red pepper flakes
- Keep it classic: a drizzle of tahini sauce and extra chickpeas on top
This dip is delicious on its own, but made even better with the right toppings.
Easy beet hummus ingredients
The ingredients in hummus are surprisingly really simple. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chickpeas– this recipe calls for canned chickpeas, but you can soak dry chickpeas overnight! PRO TIP: peeling the skins off of the canned chickpeas yields an even creamier texture.
- Beets: buying pre boiled or roasted beets will save you a lot of time, but you can easily peel and boil the beets yourself!
- Tahini, aka ground sesame seeds- you can find this at most grocery stores. Here’s one I’ve used before and love
- Fresh lemon juice
- Cumin– you may find some versions without cumin, but I love the added flavor it gives
- Cold water OR Aquafaba, the liquid from the canned chickpeas. This adds the best creaminess to your homemade hummus!
Blend all of these together in your food processor or blender, and top it off with your favorite toppings!
Serve your hummus with warmed pita, toasted sourdough, or your favorite sliced veggies! This dip is so flavorful, packed with nutrients, and a great protein dip to keep on hand.
I can’t wait for you guys to try it!